OuiPlease OuiCook Sunday DIY French Recipe
This Quiche Lorraine is the perfect quiche recipe! It is a perfectly cheesy, delicious and you definitely won’t regret taking the time to make it! Once you are able to master this classic recipe, there’s no quiche you can’t make! Spinach artichoke? Caprese? You name it, you can make it! The possibilities are endless!
- 1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
- 3 tbsp. ice water
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Gruyère, divided
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 c. heavy cream
- Pinch of cayenne
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Make the crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour and salt until combined. Using your hands, add butter, working it into the flour until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add ice water by the tablespoon until the mixture forms into a crust. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out crust until ¼” thick. Loosely drape over a 9” pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Scatter cooked bacon on pie crust with 1 cup Gruyère and shallot. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, and nutmeg and season with salt. Pour mixture over bacon and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden and eggs cooked through, 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
Want to receive the best in French epicure, accessories, jewelry, and more? Subscribe today and get 30% off your first box with code: FEMME30