The Best French Toast Recipe to Try this Weekend
While French toast may not technically be from France, we still think it’s the perfect lazy day brunch food. Treat yourself to some scrumptious French toast while basking in the sun- there’s no better way to enjoy the summer!
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 slices challah, brioche, or white bread
- ½ cup maple syrup, warmed
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar and set aside briefly.
- In a 10-inch or 12-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk together cinnamon mixture, eggs, milk, and vanilla and pour into a shallow container such as a pie plate. Dip bread in egg mixture. Fry slices until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side. Serve with syrup.
Protip: Use stale bread, thicker bread works best, and pay attention to your soaking time (shorter= drier toast, longer= more custardy)!
After making the perfect French toast, make sure to put on your favorite toppings! We suggest fresh fruit, whipped cream, and some warmed syrup.
For the full recipe, visit The Food Network
Subscribe to OuiPlease Box
Want to receive the best in French epicure, accessories, jewelry, and more? Subscribe today and get 25% off your first box with code: JUIN25