Grilled Walnut Mustard Chicken Recipe
As the days grow shorter and crisper, we’ve begun digging through our recipe book for deeply warming meals to keep our spirits high. One of our favorite fall dishes is Poulet à la Moutarde de Noix, otherwise known as grilled walnut mustard chicken. A little hint from us to you, this crowd-pleasing recipe is one of the most delicious ways to use walnut mustard!
4 chicken legs
2 tablespoons walnut mustard
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 tablespoon chopped thyme
2 tablespoons Walnut Mustard
½ cup toasted walnuts
½ cup water
1 garlic clove
¼ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Toast walnuts in the oven on a baking tray for 8 minutes at 350 degrees
- Make the walnut mustard sauce by blending all the necessary ingredients together in a blender, and enhance with salt or cracked pepper.
- Set the grill to medium-low in preparation for the chicken.
- Cover the chicken legs with walnut mustard, then sprinkle on the thyme, parsley and a little bit of salt.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 20-25 minutes total, flipping the leg over halfway through.
- Serve the chicken over a bed of grilled or steamed green beans, and generously drizzled with the walnut mustard sauce and a few additional walnuts.