Nicoise salad is basically like the charcuterie board of salads. Each ingredient is separated neatly and meant to be paired together to bring out the complimentary flavors! It is the perfect filling summery dinner.
Nicoise salad originated in Nice, France. This hearty salad has amazing ingredients like tomatoes, hard-boiled eggs, Nicoise olives, anchovies, and tuna. There’s just something about the combination of crisp summer veggies, bright lemon vinaigrette, and briny olives that I find absolutely delicious!
Nicoise Salad With White Beans From Love and Lemons
Personalize Your Nicoise Salad!
To be honest with you, I am not the biggest tuna fan. I will often omit it or sub it for shredded chicken. It’s not particularly *traditional* but who cares! I also like to exchange the green beans for asparagus to make it just that much more summery.
You might notice something different about the dressing…it has anchovies! Some of you might have already written the dressing off, but trust me, it’s worth it! If you are sure to cook them thoroughly, there should be no “fishiness”. They add some amazing saltiness to the dressing that makes this nicoise salad the best! If you are really are “allergic” to anchovies, then you can add a little apple cider vinegar and a whole lot of salt instead.
At the end of the day, you can change or sub as many ingredients as you want! It’s fun to play with the ingredients and flavors and really make it yours. Try it out now!
Nicoise Salad Accessories
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 oil-packed anchovy fillets, drained
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound mixed baby potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3-4 ears corn on the cob, husked
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups fresh chopped greens, such as romaine or arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved if large
- 1/2 cup mixed Greek olives, pitted
- 6 radishes thinly sliced or quartered
- 2 cans (6 or 7-ounce) tuna packed in olive oil, drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup mixed tender herbs, such as basil, parsley, thyme, and or dill
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)
And that’s it! Let me know what you think of this nicoise salad recipe and which ingredients you used. Take a photo and tag us on Instagram @ouiplease!!
France at your doorstep
Get the best in French food, beauty, apparel, accessories, and more delivered right to your doorstep! Subscribe here and get 25% off your annual subscription with code: JUIN25