New Year, New You! What can be more sensual or self-affirming than the ritual of applying perfume? It is more than just part of your daily morning routine. A scent can be an invisible statement about who you are and how you feel that day. French women will tell you that they can go out without wearing make-up but never without perfume (and I am one of them!).
So Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum?
It’s important to know the difference between Eau de Toilette et Eau de Parfum – if you’re curious, EDT is a perfume with a concentration of 4-15% which gives the wearer typically 3-4 hours of longevity, while Eau de Parfum contains a higher concentration, around 15-20%.
We’ve found some of the best scents for Your new signature scent this winter!
1. BLACK OPIUM by YSL Eau De Parfum
Yves Saint Laurent’s iconic Black Opium Eau de Parfum has been a staple in the perfume industry for years. The perfume has
- Top notes: pear and mandarin
- Heart notes: vanilla, orange, and white flowers, and
- Base notes: black coffee, cedarwood, musk, and patchouli.
It’s a sensual, feminine, late-night cocktail of scents.
2. DIPTYQUE DO SON Eau De Toilette
This fresh white floral fragrance is perfectly blended and is steeped in mystery. The fragrance should remind you of summer nights, engulfed in the sweetness of a fresh sea breeze. The scent works its wonders to invigorate the senses, helping the wearer to feel refreshed, energised and full of vitality.
With notes of tuberose, orange blossom, jasmine, and amber wood, it’s a spicy, floral scent that is inspired by the exotic sea breeze in Along Bay.
3. SI INTENCE by Georgio Armani Eau De Parfum.
Giorgio Armani’s Si Intense Eau de Parfum is a twist on a classic that will be hugely popular. The new Si Intense perfume is a stronger version of the famous Si, perfect for the bold, confident, sophisticated woman. This inviting scent is fused with Mandarin Oil, Roses de Mai, Blond Woods, Amber and Vanille to create a powerful and exuberant fragrance that you will want to take with you for years to come. If you want to start 2022 feeling your very best, you can’t go wrong with Si Intense — and it seems like this is one scent that absolutely everybody will be enjoying in the new year.
4. SANTAL 33 by le Labo Eau de Parfum
Ever since 2005, Le Labo has become one of the most renowned perfume brand. Most known for its unisex signature scent, “Santal 33” it has become of my most favorite and recommended perfumes. It is the Chanel No.5 of the the new generation!
The fragrance contains cardamom, iris, violet, ambrox, along with “spicy, leathery, musky notes.” It’s an enticing, unisex fragrance that is inspired by the “spirit of the American West.”
4. SOLINOTES Paris – The mix and match concept!
Creating is daring! For the most playful of you, if you are looking for your own signature scent, layering may be your new beauty routine. To subtly mix scents and obtain a beautiful olfactory balance, you need a little inspiration and a few tips to follow.
- It’s all about layering: Mix fragrances from the same family to achieve harmony, or try very different notes for a unique marriage. It’s up to you to create your own experience, your own olfactory signature.
The Base layer : Firstly, choose your base layer. You should choose a rather heady perfume so that the powerful scent does not suffocate the other layers that you are going to add.
- Intermediate layer: It’s time to choose the second layer. Opt for a lighter fragrance so that it can delicately set on top of the base layer. The results are sometimes unexpected and surprising but always unique. And that is what Solinotes is all about: surprising and innovating.
You can find Solinotes Paris in our OuiShop:
Et voilà! Let me know if you try out any of these Perfumes remedies by commenting below or tagging us @ouiplease on instagram.
France at your doorstep
Get the best in French food, beauty, apparel, accessories, and more delivered right to your doorstep! Subscribe here and get 35% off your box with code: BONJOUR35.