If there’s one thing we love in our nourriture, it’s truffle. There’s no denying the culinary power of this small, not-so-pretty fungus. One of our favorite ways to incorporate the taste of truffle into our meals in a subtle way is by using truffle salt.
It’s the perfect way to season without having the strong taste of truffle overpower the other flavors in your food. Here’s a simple recipe for Truffle Deviled Eggs using one of our favorites, La Maison de la Truffe’s Grey Salt with Summer Truffle. This quick, simple recipe is great for entertaining guests or just making for yourself. Bon appetit!
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 tb of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tb garlic mustard
- 1 tsp of rice wine vinegar or white vinegar
- Ground pepper
- Fresh chopped dill
- La Maison de la Truffe Grey Salt with Summer Truffle
- Crack and peel the shells off the hard boiled eggs and rinse them off.
- Cut the eggs in half, remove the yolks, and place them in a bowl.
- In the bowl, mix in the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar and pepper. Mash the egg yolks until you achieve desired texture. (Personally, we prefer them nice and smooth!)
- Stuff the yolk mixture into the boiled egg halves, add fresh chopped dill and sprinkle with the truffle salt!
Recipe via www.lovehappyhour.com.