Lunch à la française!
This easy yet flavorful spin on eggs is a great way to switch up your lunch routine, and you’ll find yourself going to this poached egg recipe again and again. Eggs are a staple for the French all year round, and there’s no better way to serve them than over some toasted brioche. Add some pistou, which is France’s spin on pesto, and you’re all set for the perfect French lunch!
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 small garlic clove
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2-inch-thick slices brioche or egg bread, toasted
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- Puree basil, garlic, and oil in a mini processor until very smooth to make your own pistou. Season pistou to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to a medium skillet to measure 1 1/4 inches. Sprinkle salt generously into water. Bring water to simmer over medium heat. Crack eggs 1 at a time and gently slip into water. Cook until egg whites are just set and egg yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes.
- Place hot toasts on plates. Top each with Parmesan. Using a slotted spoon, transfer 2 eggs, well drained, to each piece of brioche. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Drizzle with some of the pistou and serve.
For the whole recipe, check out epicurious.