DIY Pumpkin French Toast Casserole Recipe to Try At Home
I absolutely love french toast, especially with plenty of brown sugar and syrup. It’s the perfect comfort food, especially during cold grumpy mornings. Add some pumpkin and you have the ideal brunch meal for fall! By preparing the dish the night before, this recipe makes cooking for a crowd so easy. All you have to do is pop it in the oven in the morning. You’ll have plenty to go around and maybe even some to freeze and enjoy later!
Don’t worry if you have dietary restrictions, anyone can make this recipe to fit their needs! I personally replace cow milk with oat milk as much as possible. To make this recipe dairy-free replace the regular milk with 1 (15-ounce) can of full-fat coconut milk and replace the heavy cream with soy, oat, almond, coconut, pecan, or walnut milk. If you are gluten-free, just replace the bread and flour with gluten-free alternatives. Day-old bread is perfect for french toast because it is able to sop up all of the delicious ingredients. The best bread for french toast bakes is brioche, challah, or french bread. They are made with a whole lot of eggs and butter which are ideal for this type of recipe. Use any of these three for your perfect pumpkin french toast casserole!
Our picks for the Pumpkin French Toast Casserole recipe
French toast casserole
1 (day old) French bread, diced in 2in cubes
2 cups of milk
½ cup heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
6 large eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup cold salted butter, diced
⅓ cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
Perfect casserole dishes for this recipe
1. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place the diced bread in the baking pan; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, pumpkin, vanilla, and pie spice. Pour the prepared mixture over the bread.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
1. Combine the light brown sugar, butter, all-purpose flour, pecans, and pumpkin spice in a small bowl.
2. Using your hands, mix together until the butter breaks down into smaller pieces.
1. When ready to bake, position a rack in the center of the oven, and preheat your oven to 350ºF.
2. Sprinkle the prepared streusel mixture over the casserole evenly.
3. Bake the casserole for 48-55 minutes or until the casserole is no longer jiggly. You can also insert the handle of a wooden spoon into the center, if it comes out dry it is done!
4. Let cool for several minutes before slicing and serving! Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with maple syrup, butter, and powdered sugar.
Let me know if you try this recipe and tag @OuiPlease!
France at your doorstep
Get the best in French food, beauty, apparel, accessories and more delivered right to your doorstep! Subscribe here and get 25% off your first order with code: OCT25
Photo and recipe cred: https://littlespicejar.com/pumpkin-french-toast-casserole/