OuiCook – Rosé Can Chicken
We have been absolutely loving the trendy canned rosé! While it floods your Instagram feed, rosé in a can is perfect for drinking, sharing, and now, cooking! Staying true to rosé’s French origins, this recipe creates a delicious wine-laced flavored chicken that is perfect for all occasions!
- one 375-milliliter can rosé
- Note: If you can’t find a can of rosé, empty a soda or seltzer can and fill 3/4 of the way with your favorite rosé.
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- a few sprigs fresh thyme
- a few sprigs fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- one 4 to 5–pound whole chicken
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Open the can of rosé and pour yourself a 1/2 glass (about a 1/4 of the can) to enjoy while you cook. To the can of rosé, add the halved cloves of garlic, sprigs of thyme and sprigs of tarragon.
- In a small dish, mix together the butter and dijon mustard until well combined. Tuck the wings of the bird behind the neck so that they don’t stick out. Pat the chicken dry, inside and out. Once completely dry, slather the butter-dijon mixture all over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken all over with the herbes de Provence and salt.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the can of rose into center of the pan. Place the chicken over top of the of the can of rosé and wiggle it down so that the can fits inside the cavity of chicken. Position the chicken legs down and in front of the can so the chicken sits upright on the can of rosé. Put the chicken into the oven and roast for 1 hour and 10 minutes. halfway through to make sure it’s not getting too dark. If the skin starts to get too brown, tent the chicken with some foil.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and check the temperature. If the chicken has yet to reach an internal temperature of 165° F, put it back into the oven for 10 minutes. Check the chicken.
- Let the chicken rest for 15 minutes. Being very careful, remove the chicken from the can. (There will still be warm liquid still left in the can.) Place chicken onto a cutting board and carve the chicken however you please drizzle with any pan drippings left on the pan. Garnish with some tarragon and serve with a few sides of your choice and, of course, lots of chilled rosé!
Want to receive the best in French epicure, acceessories, jewelry and more? Subscribe today and get 15% off your first box with code: HIVER15