DIY French Rum Cocktail Recipes to Try At Home
In lieu of COVID19, now more than ever we are itching for our next vacation. But with the Safer at Home initiatives still in full affect, bring a little piece of paradise to you with these vacation-worthy rum cocktails recipes. Check out these 3 simple rum cocktail recipes to transport yourself to a white-sand beach somewhere.
Rum Cocktail Recipe: Cantaloupe Daiquiris
- 3 ounces fresh cantaloupe “juice” or puree
- 2 ounces white rum
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 1 ounce maraschino cherry juice
- splash of lime juice
- splash of seltzer
To make the cantaloupe “juice,” blend 2 cups cubed cantaloupe melon in a blender until pureed and smooth. Strain the mixture through a mesh strainer that is sitting on a bowl, pushing any extra liquid out with a spoon.
Add the rum, cantaloupe juice, syrup, cherry juice and lime juice to a shaker filled with ice. Shake for 30 seconds then pour into a frosty glass. If you’d like some bubbles, splash some seltzer on top! Garnish with a wedge of lime and a few melon balls.
Note: for simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water. For instance, bring 1/2 cup of each to a simmer in a saucepan while whisking. Turn off the heat and let it cool to room temperature!
Source: How Sweet Eats
Rum Cocktail Recipe: Tropical Strawberry Hibiscus Rum Smash
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a medium size pot. Remove from the heat, add the hibiscus flowers and 1-2 teaspoons honey. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes. Strain into a pitcher and discard the hibiscus flowers.
- In a tall glass, muddle the lime and mint leaves. Add a handful of crushed ice, the mango juice, coconut water and the rum, gently mix to combine. Pour sparkling water over top to about 3/4 the way up the glass. Add the sliced strawberries and top with hibiscus tea. DRINK.
Rum Cocktail Recipe: Grapefruit Mojitos
- 2 limes quartered
- 0.66 ounces fresh mint
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup white rum
- 12 ounces club soda
- fresh grapefruit wedges and additional mint to garnish
Add limes and mint to pitcher. Using a muddler, extract juice from limes and bruise the mint leaves.
Stir in grapefruit juice, simple syrup, rum and club soda.
Strain and serve over ice, garnishing with fresh grapefruit and mint, if desired.
Source: Melanie Makes
Fore more rum cocktail recipes, visit MyDomaine.
Did you try one of these rum cocktail recipes? Tell us what you thought in the comments below?
Subscribe to OuiPlease Box
Want to receive the best in French epicure, accessories, jewelry, and more? Subscribe today and get 25% off your first box with code: AVRIL25