I love nothing more than seasonal cooking. Finding ingredients that are abundantly fresh that make for a helathy yet delicious meal is one of my favorite things!
If you agree, then this recipe for Vegetable Tian is perfect for you! It’s loaded with the most flavorful vegetables and makes for the perfect light and healthy side dish. It’s even vegetarian!
To make this recipe even better, it’s pretty easy to make! Preparation is super simple, so you can pop this into the oven and have a delicious, nutritious dish in no time.
Vegetable Tian is the perfect summer dish because it doesn’t feel too heavy. Even though it is a warm dish, it’s still just as perfectly delicious in the summer heat because it’s super light!
Check out the recipe and try it out for yourself!! Promise you’ll love it 🙂
- 2 large red peppers
- 5 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion medium chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 long thin eggplant cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 medium yellow zucchini cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices
- 4-5 Roma tomatoes cut crosswise into 1.4 inch slices
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. nonpareil capers
- 2 Tbsp. Italian seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Place red peppers on a baking sheet, drizzle with one tablespoon olive oil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until skins are charred, turning twice during roasting. Remove from the oven and immediately cover tightly with aluminum foil. Let peppers sit for 30 minutes. Remove stem and cut in quarters. Remove the skins and seeds and cut into 1/2 inch strips. Set aside.
Lower oven to 375 degrees. Brush a round baking dish (I used a 10 inch baking dish) with olive oil. Set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes. Spread mixture in bottom of prepared dish.
- 5. In a large bowl, combine sliced eggplant, zucchini and tomatoes. Toss with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper and one tablespoon thyme leaves.
- 6. Arrange the vegetables in a overlapping pattern (as pictured) alternating eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes and roasted red pepper. Drizzle oil left in bowl over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining one tablespoon thyme leaves and capers. Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 7. Remove foil and sprinkle evenly with panko and parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 25 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Bon appetit! Try out this delicious dish and post a photo and tag us on Instagram @OuiPlease!
France at your doorstep
Get the best in French food, beauty, apparel, accessories, and more delivered right to your doorstep! Subscribe here and get 40% off your annual subscription with code: BASTILLE40
Recipe and photos: https://thebeachhousekitchen.com/provencal-vegetable-tian/